I mean really.
No harm meant here, but, I keep running into blogs where girls keep trying to convince others that all they eat is ice cream, jelly bellies and marshmallows all day...and still manage to weigh 100 lbs.
Don't even get me started about the girls that constantly gush over how perfect their husband is, how he surprises them every single day with little gifts and how he's just been dying to write a love letter on the blog to express his undying love to the blogging community (show me a husband that wants to write a blog and I will sprout wings and fly home).
All I can say is that it stinks....more like it WREAKS of constructing a perfect world for everyone else to see.
So I want to be real.
Because I'm tired of this portrayal of perfection. It's NOT healthy and most of all it's not real.
So here's what's real for me:
1. Me and Matt are really in love with each other.....but we also really know how to piss each other off.
2. I like to indulge in desserts every once in a while....but I watch what I eat and work out in order to stay healthy.
3. Marriage is the most rewarding thing I've ever been a part of....but it can also be very challenging at times.
4. Me and Matt really love to have nights where we can shower each other with gifts, love and surprises....but it's a rare occasion and most nights we just cook dinner and spend our nights at home doing homework.
5. I wish I could say that I just live off of the fat of the land and spend my days dreaming of lollipops....but I'm a full time student, a part time worker, a sister, a friend and most importantly a wife, so I'm hecka busy.
6. I love my life and I love it real, flaws, frustrations and learning included
That's what's real for me.
What's real for you?