Alright guys you asked for it. Now you can start to revive your own stuff!
How cool is that? (just tell me it's cool okay.)
I wanted to teach you guys a quick reviving technique that you can do without a machine! One of the things that makes the biggest change in the clothing that I fix is changing the length of it. Here's how to change the length and create a hem by hand (can I get a whoop whoop for no machine needed!).
(hemming pics via)
1. Cut your dress to the desired length and then iron your hem under anywhere from 1/2" to 1"
2. Thread your needle, pin the hem in place, tie a knot at the end of the thread and bring your needle through the hem fabric at a side seam.
3. With your needle grab a small piece of the back fabric.
4. Then grab a small piece of the hem (the portion that's pinned).
5. Continue this same stitching all the way around the skirt
6. Then when you finish stitching all the way around the skirt. Tie a knot at the end of your thread and cut the thread. Then turn your skirt over and check out your beautiful hand sewed hem!
Something as simple as changing the length of the dress can completely change an old thrift store dress to a chic little numba! Enjoy guys!
I'd love to see any pics of some revival hemming if you have any!