I'm always sticking my sunglasses in my purse only to find them later all scratched up and with a cough drop stuck to them or something. So this was my way of keeping my sunnies from harms way (also known as my tornado of a purse)....oh and also, this might have been an excuse to add a mustache to yet another thing I own...Judge me not!
hot glue gun
1. Fold your fabric in half and cut a rectangle 8X31/2 inches. Don't cut the fold, this will give you one less seam to worry about.
2. Cut out whatever pattern you would like to apply to the case and hot glue it down.
3. Using a regular stitch, top stitch your pattern down.
4. Now chose a stitch to put together the case, I chose #20 because it looks a little retro.
5. Stitch together your seams and sew over the fold on the edge as well.
Enjoy! Now who wants to come organize my purse?!