skirt: Thrifted blouse: Thrifted purse: Thrifted tights: c/o We Love colors slip extender: c/o The Slip Shop (use code SARAH10 at checkout for 10% off)
I'm not going to be one of those bloggers that tries to sugar coat and disguise when their doing a product review, but I have been genuinely interested in trying out a slip extender to be able to have more options in the skirts I'm able to wear, but I honestly never bought one because I didn't know if they would look completely ridiculous or not. So I thought this would be a great opportunity to once and for all settle my mind on such an important international matter! And hey, hopefully it can help you guys decide how you feel about them too! So yes, hello friends, I am doing a product review. But I promise promise to be completely honest.
- I like to dress modestly and usually it is hard to find a skirt that I feel comfortable with the length, but now there is a much wider selection of skirts that I can wear with a slip extender underneath, they don't all have to be too my knees WAHOOO!
- It adds an awesome pop of color and texture to my outfits. It almost looks like a vintage petticoat underneath which is so my style. I love that it can completely change the way skirts and dresses look.
-The quality is awesome, I can tell that the detailing on the slip was done by hand and that everything was done so that the slip will last a VERY long time.
- Compared to other slip shops I think A Slip Shop is very fashion forward, they have a ton of awesome selections that I would wear in a second.
- Because my ruffle slip has so much detailing it has a mesh backing to make it durable, and the mesh does stick to tights.
- They seemed a bit pricey to me before I saw the slip, but after seeing the quality of it and how it is made by hand I can definitely appreciate the amount of time it takes to do detailing like this.
- While I love the fun pop of blue I think I would choose a more versatile slip next time. Were I able to go back and choose a different one, I would choose this one it's so feminine and a neutral color that would match just about everything.
- The length may not be right for everyone. The slip will reach right just above your knee which is great for some but maybe not so ideal for others (however I think they will customize the length for you if you ask).
So what do you think of them? And no it's not a rhetorical question, I really do want to know what you think. Is it something you would wear? Do you think they are worth the buy? Am I wearing every color in the rainbow today? Yes, the answer is yes Sarah you are.