My sister Jen and I were talking the other night and started ranting about how ridiculous Pinterest has become. I have thirty recipes for "The best chocolate chip cookie" and the "easiest diy necklace" and I just get SO overwhelmed that I don't even end up trying any of the stuff I pin for myself. How dumb is that? And also lazy, but well that's not a Pinterest issue, just a Sarah issue. Moving on! So I would like to introduce you to a fun little game called Pin-test. Where I'll try out recipe's and DIY's for you and tell you if their worth your time. What do you think? Are you interested? About to explode with anticipation? About to pee your pants in excitement? Well go to the bathroom then you weirdo! So here's my first test, the hunt for "The Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie"
I tried four different recipes that all claimed that they had found "the perfect chocolate chip cookie" and this is the one that not only tasted the best, but turned out perfect every.single.time. Which for me is the miracle of all miracles. So without further ado, behold the perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe (fyi- I slightly adjusted the salt in this recipe)! Now pin away my little pinners!
The Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie:
3/4 c. unsalted butter, softened
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. granulated sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 c. all purpose flour
2 tsp. cornstarch
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 c. bittersweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars until fluffy and light in color. Add egg and vanilla and blend in.
3. Mix in flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Stir in chocolate chunks.
4. Using a standard-sized cookie scoop or tablespoon, drop dough onto a prepared baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until barely golden brown around the edges. (The tops will not brown, but do NOT cook longer than ten minutes.)
5. Let cool, on the sheet, on a wire rack for five minutes. Remove from baking sheet and let cool completely. Makes approximately 3 dozen. Try not to eat them all.