I love adding little touches of Christmas around the house but the cost of buying new decor each year can add up so whenever I can, I refresh my decorations with a few DIY projects. I love how this one turned out, it has a classy timeless look that will last for years and it's something that can easily be added to a frame and hung on a picture wall. Love it!
For this project you'll need:
1. 8X10 canvas (I got mine at Michaels in a pack of 5 and, with my 40% of coupon it was $4.00)
2. Gold paint pen
5. Tullip Shimmer glitter (you can buy it here)
Total cost: I had most of these supplies already on hand so my total cost was only $5. And I can still make 4 more of these because the canvases came in a 5 pack, huzzah!
1. Draw your favorite saying in a holiday style caligraphy with a gold paint pen. There are lots of great holiday fonts to choose from here.
2. Once you've drawn your design use modge podge to paint over the saying you've just drawn. Then immediately after sprinkle glitter over the top of the letters. It's best to do one letter at a time when you're doing this, the Modge Podge dries pretty fast.
3. Once you've covered all of the letters with modge podge and glitter shake your canvas over paper plate (I like to reuse the glitter that I've shaken off onto the plate to get more bang for my buck)
4. You're done! Let it dry for about 30 minutes and then add it to a frame or leave it as is! This project really is so cute and easy to add anywhere in the house, and it only took 30 minutes. Hooray for easy peazy crafts!