cardigan: H&M shirt: Target jeans: Urban Outfitters boots: thrifted headband: F21
You guys Thanksgiving is upon us! Only one week until the festivities begin, and then the REAL festivities begin, oh you think I’m talking about Christmas? No no, guys I’m talking about the holidays of all holidays, the holiday that didn’t even exist 15 years ago, the corporate holiday, that’s right BLACK FRIDAY. And can we just ponder on this here holiday for one second. Let me see if I can get this straight.
1. Sane people wake up at 5am and then sit in the cold until a store decides to let the poor freezing people in.
2. These people generally look insane, because they are in sweats, their favorite pair of Ugg’s and have bed head that just won’t quit.
3. It’s really just a parade of morning breath if you think about it.
4. These people then rush into the store, find something they want to buy for themselves, forget about buying something for others for Christmas, black Friday is about that Kitchen Aid you’ve always wanted!!!
5. Said people then stand in line for three hours to buy their own present.
I’m as guilty as anyone when it comes to black Friday, I’ve been there with my baggy eyes and baggy clothes and baggy life (what??? Yeah that’s right baggy life) and spent way too much money on things for myself that I didn’t need, and I guess I just never really thought about it because I was getting “good deals”. But this year I read that stores are now opening at 8pm on Thanksgiving because of all of the demand for Black Friday deals and I just got super solemn and sad. All of the sudden this beautiful holiday that is about taking a look around and being grateful and satisfied with what you have been given, is completely overtaken by a day of I WANT I WANT I WANT!!! I want to hear what you guys think about it, am I being totally ridiculous that I want absolutely nothing to do with Black Friday this year, I just want to sit around and enjoy being with loved ones and basque in my gratitude and most importantly SHOULD I go buy that mint green kitchen aid I’ve always wanted???? And what sweats and uggs should I wear??? What’s the verdict friends?