I've been a little behind on making some Valentines Day decorations but thought that this fun leather heart would look cute all year round so hey, why not make it the day before Valentines Day right?! Here's what you'll need to make this.
1 wooden dowel (you can find them at Michaels in the cake decorating section)
10 1/2" X 15 1/2 " piece of pleather
white craft paint
2. Starting from the center draw with chalk 11, 1" thick horizontal lines
3. In the top three sections draw a V-pattern made by X's (make sure that the v pattern is centered)
4. Continue to paint the X pattern shown above and then let your cross stitch heart dry
5. Now grab your wooden dowel and tie one piece of string to the dowel that is connected to both ends.
6. Once the paint pattern is dry grab a wet cloth and wipe the chalk marks away
7. Now using your glue gun, glue the top of the pleather to the wooden dowel, also allowing the end of the string to be glued under the pleather as well.