1. Place your fabric folded in half underneath your dress.
2. Draw an outline on the additional fabric giving the amount of extra length needed. Don't forget to add extra length for your hem (I add an extra inch for the hem).
3. Now add 5/8" inch all the way around the line your drew to give yourself an extra seam allowance.
4. Cut your fabric out along the new line you just drew.
5. Removing the dress, and using the additional fabric right sides together sew on the left and right side seams. This will make your fabric a tube. Finish the seams with either a zig zag stitch or a surger.
6. Now that your additional length is sewn together use the fabric as a tube, place the dress inside the tube of fabric making sure that the dress and the fabric are right sides together. Match the bottom of the dress and the top of the additional fabric together and sew along the edge of the dress. Hem the additional fabric and you're done!
** The dress used in this tutorial is c/o Sheinside